The Pakistan Military Academy at Kakul (PMA), also known as PMA Kakul, is a two-year accredited federal service military academy. Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) was established at Kakul in October 1947 soon after the creation of Pakistan . Its companies were named after the luminaries of Muslim military history i.e, Khalid, Tariq, Qasim and Salahuddin. On 25th January 1948 , “The First Pakistan Battalion” was instituted. Regimental colours presented in 1950 by Liaqat Ali Khan, the first Prime Minister of Pakistan and the National Standard in 1961 by General Muhammad Musa, the then, Commander-in-Chief of Pakistan Army, have been some of the honours showered on the Academy, which it has always jealously guarded and kept high in letter and spirit. It is located at Kakul in Abbottabad. The academy has four training battalions, and 16 companies. The Pakistan Military Academy is similar in function to Sandhurst, Saint-Cyr, and West Point, and provides training to the officers of Pakistan Army and Allied countries. Approximately 2,000 invited guests from over 34 countries tour the facility each year. On July 22, 2015 the COAS inaugurated the incoming 4th battalion for training. Many close allies of Pakistan send their own cadets and officers to receive premier training in modern military doctrine at PMA.
Registration & Preliminary Selection
Candidates will be required to report along with necessary documents and Rs.200/- for fresh and Rs.100 for repeaters as registration fee, at following Army Selection and Recruitment Centres for registration/allotment of Roll No and date/time of written test etcetera.
|Army Selection and Recruitment Centre||telephone No|
Registration/Tests For Northern Area
Registration/Tests for candidates of Northern Areas will be conducted manually. Desirous candidates to contact Army Selection and Recruitment Centre Gilgit for the schedule.
Registration Through Internet
A candidate can register himself through Internet on our website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk for preliminary test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers. Date and time of test shall be intimated on the internet, for that individual should have an E-mail account. Candidate registered through internet will bring Rs.100/- for fresh and Rs.50/- for repeaters as registration fee on the day of test alongwith original certificates.
Written/Intelligence test will be based on multiple choice questions. Written test will be from English, Maths, Pak Studies, Islamiyat and Gen Knowledge.
- Tips of field craft
- Professional skills of handling weapons
- Use of signal equipment
- Tutorial discussions
- Model discussions
- Tactical exercises without troops
- Field exercises
How To Join PMA And Get Admission
The PMA selection criteria is hard and tough. It’s every youngster dream to join PMA, but it is not possible for everyone. They only select those candidates who fully meet their requirements. As your target is big, so you must prepare yourself hard for every stage involved in selection process. Mostly the youngsters do not prepare themselves for different exercise which they have to perform during the selection process.
- Written/Intelligence test Exercise
- Running Exercise
- Chest Exercise
- Chin ups Exercise
- ISSB Interview Exercise
- Final Medical Tips
- Technical Interview Exercise
Nationality : Male citizens of Pakistan or Azad Kashmir domiciles and State Class-1 Citizens.
Intermediate with minimum 50 percent marks. The candidates with domicile and having actually been studying in FATA, District Kohistan, Balochistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Bala Kot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehara in NWFP, District Rajanpur, Tharparker and Tehsil UmerKot in Sind, area of Cholistan, Desert Drawer Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh, Dingarh of Punjab and Northern Areas, can appear with 45% marks.
Eligibility Conditions : 33 Graduate Course
- Marital Status : Un married (serving personnel of the Armed Forces are eligible, even if married).
- Age : 01 May 2008 20-25 Years.
- Education Qualifications : Minimum 2nd Division in BA/BSc or equivalent
- Training Period : 1 Year At PMA.
- Minimum Height : 5′-4″ (162.5cm)
|Serial No||Physical Fitness||Time Duration|
|(1)||1.6 Km Run||7 ½ Minutes|
|(2)||Push Ups||15 repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|()||Sit Ups||15 repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|(4)||Chin Ups||3 repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|Serial No||Visual Standard||Description|
|(1)||Distant Vision||With glasses 6/9, 6/12|
|(2)||Near Vision||J2, J7 or N8, N12 with or without glasses|
|(3)||Average Weight||As per given age and height standards|
Swimming : Swimming has been made a mandatory commissioning criteria.
Documents Required At As&Rcs
- Certificate of FA/FSc/Detailed Marks Sheet or Equivalent.
- Matric Certificate and Matric Detailed Marks Sheet (Both Compulsory).
- BA/BSc/Equivalent degree or Detailed Marks Sheet (for Graduate Candidates).
- The candidates declared successful in written/intelligence tests will have physical, medical tests and preliminary interview at AS&RCs.
- 2 x Colour Photos duly attested by Principal/Class 1 Gazetted Officer.
- Computerized National Identity Card or Computerized Form “B” alongwith Guardian of Computerized National Identity Card (Father or Mother).
- Old National Identity Card and Form “B” will not be accepted. Original and 1x photocopy of Inter Services Selection Board “ NOT RECOMMENDED” letter is also required for “Repeater” Candidates.
- One set of attested photocopies of above mentioned documents.
- Candidates qualifying preliminary selection will be sent to ISSB for further tests. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. The final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidate’s overall performance.
- Candidates holding duplicate certificates will get these certificates verified from concerned education board before appearing in ISSB.
- Those candidates who have not been issued original Martic certificate should get a certificate to this effect from concerned education board.
- Candidates with bachelor of engineering (BE)/MBBS/MA/MSc degree and previously twice rejected by ISSB can also apply for graduate course.
- Candidates possessing foreign qualifications equivalent to Intermediate/Graduation such as Senior Cambridge or ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level etcetera are required to obtain equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Ministry of Education Islamabad.
- Only three months relaxation is allowed in upper and lower age limit.
- Graduate candidates can apply only for one course i.e PMA Long Course or Graduate Course.