Eid al-Adha is an Islamic festival to commemorate the willingness of Ibrahim (also known as Abraham) to follow Allah’s (God’s) command to sacrifice his son Ishmael. Muslims around the world observe this event.
- Eid al-Adha 2017 began in the evening of
Friday, 1 September 2017
- & ended in the evening of
Sunday, 3 September 2017
Eid al-Adha is a public holiday in places such as the Jordan, Indonesia, Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates & Turkey. Some Islamic organization may be stopped up or offer a condensed level of service & there may be some local emptiness around mosques in countries where Eid al-Adha is not a public holiday. It is not a all over the country public holiday in countries such as Australia,Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States.
- Pakistan will monitor a 3 day holiday for Eid, also recognized as Bakr-Id and Qurbani Eid, opening from Monday, September 12 awaiting Wednesday, September 14.
- In the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte declared September 12 a holiday during the country in rite of Eid’l Adha.
- Bangladesh will watch a 6 day Eid holiday, from September 9 awaiting September 14.
- Gambia & Nigeria have also announce a long weekend for Eid, with Monday, September 12 & Tuesday, September 13 a community holiday.